Thursday, December 27, 2007

Morning Coffee

Good Morning and Hello to my new blog!

Every day, I drive 45 minutes to and from work along the same stretch of road with the same scenery and most likely the same northbound drivers. Nothing really ever changes. Sometimes the traffic might be a bit worse, there might be an accident or maybe it's summertime and the benny's (Central Jersey beach term for northern vacationers) are coming down to our beaches for a little vacation. But all in all, it's the same old stuff every day (except weekends).

Due to this monotonous routine, I have ample time to myself during my commute. And how do I spend it? I think. I think about the day ahead, the prior day events, what my lie ahead of me in the future but most of the time I just come up with random ideas. I am sure there are a few of you out there that do the same thing.

It's an odd habit actually. I'll use an item or perhaps just read about it and then my mind starts racing. I start imagining all the possibilites of what that particular item could do. Then I start thinking of slight modifications that could be made to make it better. Or, I decide that there might be another purpose for it. Other times, I just come up with random ideas that could be used in everyday life that may not be available now but could be with the current technology. Sometimes, I'll hear a problem someone is experiencing and think of something useful, either an item or service, that could be introduced to fix the problem.

This is how my mind works. It can be frustrating at times because it consumes me. I think of something I think would be very useful and then I think of all its possible applications, how itr would work, who it would be marketed to and what problems it may be able to alleviate. If the idea is really good in my opinion, all I do is think about it and sometimes rant on and on to my fiancee (poor soul) about it. This can go on for a day or a week and sometimes even a month. However, the most frustrating thing of all is that I can never do anything about it. I don't have the skills or the resources. The only thing I have is my mind.

So, with all that out of my system for the morning, I will get to the point of the blog. I decided to create this blog to get these random ideas out. I figure if just one person with the necessary skills or resources reads about it and likes it, they can take it and run with it. If you, the reader, likes an idea and knows someone that can do it, let them know. If you think an idea is good, tell me and vice versa. Hell, if you have the same problem as me, post your idea in a comment.

Whenever I think of something new, I'll make sure to post it. If nothing else, at least it will be a way to get it off my mind.

To those of you who decide you want to take the time to read my blog, I thank you and wish you the best of luck in perhaps making one of these random ideas a reality.

Regards,

Bob

No comments: