Monday, January 14, 2008

Home Keyless Entry

Have you ever had the experience where you approach the door to your house late at night then have to rummage through your pockets for your keys and then figure out which key is the right one for the door? Or maybe you've had items in both hands and had to put one down to search for your keys? I bet everyone has had a similar experience sometime in their life. I have too.

About a year ago, I bought a new car for commuting to work, a Nissan Sentra 07. The coolest feature of the car, in my opinion, is the keyless entry and remote. I just leave the keys in my pocket, approach the car and when I am within 1 meter of my car, my car recognizes my keys and when I hit the button on the handle, the doors open. Once inside the car, I can turn the ignition knob without the keys inserted and the car will start. So, without even attempting to take my keys out of my pocket, I can enter and start my vehicle.

Now, why can't the same concept be applied to house doors? It might make the door handle and keys more expensive but it wouldn't be so much so that it would make it unaffordable. The security behind the system seems sound. And, it would just make life that much easier for the homeowner.

So, how bout it? Someone think they can make this idea a reality? Is the idea already out there? Do you even think it is worth the time to develop it?

Thanks again for reading.

Regards,

Bob

2 comments:

Lenderpants said...

Hey, keep the ideas rolling! I think a big problem people have with developing new ideas is that most folks are afraid to share their creativity for fear of criticism, failure, etc... Kudos to you for having the courage to put your thoughts out there!

I say keep it up. :)

- 'pants

TanMan said...

Thanks Pants!

I never really mind sharing ideas. I like people to critique them cause then it leads to either making or breaking the idea or possibly creating a new one as a result of the brainstorming.

Thanks for the support!